DIAMOND INTERCHANGE TRAFFIC CONTROL. VOLUME 13. TRADAC-AN IMPROVED INSTRUMENTATION SYSTEM FOR MEASURING TRAFFIC OPERATIONS PERFORMANCE
A unique instrumentation system termed the TRADAC System has been developed to be used in conjunction with the test-car method for traffic data collection. This system measures travel time, stopped time, number of stops, and number of brake applications. Traffic performance data can be collected in a more cost/effective way with the TRADAC System than with other existing data collection systems, effecting tremendous savings in time due chiefly to the expeditious reduction of the collected data. The system was extensively tested and demonstrated to produce accurate and reliable measurements of the traffic performance variables.
- See also Volume 12, PB-224162.
System Development Corporation2500 Colorado Avenue
Santa Monica, CA United States 90409
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Torres, J F
- Nemeczky, J A
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerial photography; Data collection; Data reduction; Detectors; Diamond interchanges; Electrochemical processes; Highway operations; Highway traffic; Highway traffic control; Instrumentation; Interchanges; Measurement; Recording instruments; Simulation; Traffic; Traffic control; Traffic delays; Traffic measurement; Traffic signals; Transducers; Travel time
- Old TRIS Terms: Electrochemical cells; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00143049
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-73- 62 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: FH-11-7568
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM