A COMPUTERIZED BUS TRANSIT MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM USING CREDIT CARD FARE COLLECTION DATA
This research indicates that development of a bus transit management information system that uses data from a bus credit card fare collection system is feasible from a hardware and software standpoint. An assessment of the data available from the credit card system shows that valuable and timely ridership and revenue information, which would not be readily available otherwise, can be provided to assist in management decisions regarding changes in service. To match the large amount of available information to the transit manager's needs, a two level form of presentation is proposed with daily indicators for monitoring transit system performance and detailed reports available on demand.
Rensselaer Polytechnic InstituteTransportation Center
Troy, NY USA 12180
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- DiCesare, F
- Sullo, G
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus lines; Bus transportation; Computer programming; Computer programs; Credit; Data collection; Fare collection; Feasibility analysis; Management information systems; Passenger transportation; Public transit; Research; Ridership
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00143038
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NY-11-0001-76-1Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 6 1982 12:00AM