SURVEY II OF SUSPENSION SYSTEMS ON MOTOR HOMES. VOLUME XII
Loading patterns, load capacities and consumer knowledge in these areas were determined for 2,400 vehicles consisting of automobiles towing travel trailers, travel trailers, motor homes, and pick-up trucks carrying slide-in campers. This data was compared to results from a previous survey in an effort to determine what improvements were made due to industry and government action. Vehicles were weighed as loaded for traveling and the suspension rating data was obtained from the vehicle manufacturers. This report deals with the motor homes. Separate reports are available which cover travel trailers, cars towing trailers, and pick-up trucks carrying slide-in campers.
- See also Volume 2, PB-235 942.
Pioneer Engineering and Manufacturing Company2500 East Nine Mile Road
Warren, MI United States 48091
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ludtke, N
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Loading and unloading; Regulations; Safety engineering; Suspension systems; Tires; Trailers; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Loading procedures
- Subject Areas: Law; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00143033
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: S4-55A, DOT-HS-801-942
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00978
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 6 2002 12:00AM