THE SCHOOL BUS: A TRANSPORTATION RESOURCE FOR NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS
The purpose of the study is to explore the possibility of more extensive use of school buses in northeastern Illinois. The study area includes the six counties of Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, and Will. The study approaches the subject through four steps: (1) putting the school-bus resource in the six-county area into perspective; (2) examining the potential market for additional transit service; (3) identifying the principal constraints in using school buses for non-student transportation purposes; and (4) developing conclusions regarding areas of opportunity for the broader use of school bus equipment.
- Prepared by Gilman (W. C.) and Co., Inc., Evanston, Ill.
Northeastern Illinois Planning Commission400 West Madison Street
Chicago, IL United States 60606
Gilman (WC) and Company IncorporatedMcLean, VA United States 22101
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Constraints; Counties; Market research; Market surveys; Public transit; Regional planning; Regional transportation; School buses; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Illinois
- Subject Areas: Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00143016
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0026-75-1Summ. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: IT-09-0026
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 6 1981 12:00AM