DEVELOPMENT AND TEST OF LOW IMPACT RESISTANCE STRUCTURES--INSTALLATION OF APPROACH LIGHTING SYSTEM AT RUNWAY 31, NAFEC
A previous report described a 'breakaway pole' which was designed, developed and tested to satisfy the requirements for a frangible light support structure for use with airport lighting. This report covers an approach lighting system which was designed and installed at R/W 31, National Aviation Facility Engineering Center (NAFEC), Atlantic City, N. J. All lights, 6 feet above ground and higher, are supported by the newly developed frangible poles. Other associated equipment is also described.
- See also report dated Feb 74, AD-781 859.
ASE, Incorporated5090 Central Highway
Pennsauken, NJ USA 08109
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Laible, C W
- Lazarin, J
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Airports; Approach; Aviation safety; Brittleness; Control panels; Control systems; Flash lamps; Instrument landing systems; Structural supports; Structures
- Geographic Terms: New Jersey
- Old TRIS Terms: Approach lights; Frangible; Supports
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00143010
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-76-106
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA72WA-3043
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 6 2002 12:00AM