ALTERNATE DESIGNS FOR CCTV TRAFFIC SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS
This report is one of a series that presents the findings of a research project entitled "Development and Evaluation of On-Freeway Traffic Control Systems and Surveillance Techniques" sponsored by the State Department of Highways and Public Transportation in Texas in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration. Areas covered include the following: testing and evaluation of low light level television cameras for traffic surveillance, use of television traffic surveillance systems during hours of darkness, low volume incident detection using television, and alternatives for the location of the cameras relative to the roadway lanes.
- Research conducted for the Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation, Planning Division, in cooperation with FHWA, DOT.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Anderson, D A
- McCasland, W R
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Closed circuit television; Television cameras; Traffic lanes; Traffic surveillance
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00142998
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-18-76-173-1 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 22 1976 12:00AM