STATE AND REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION IMPACT IDENTIFICATION AND MEASUREMENT. PHASE I REPORT
This report presents the "discovery" phase of an applied research program concerned with issues, impacts, and techniques for state and substate regional transportation planning and evaluation. It is concerned with all modes for the transportation of passengers and goods, and a range of impacts and decisions for planning, pricing, and regulation to policy formulation. The work was conducted with the assistance of federal, state and regional planners and in the context of societal goals and resource management. The emphasis is on improving understandings and on the organization of practical, operational techniques. The report identifies major current and near-future issues. It documents economic, social, environmental, and energy (ESEE) impacts of state and regional transportation decisions. The current state-of-practice for identifying and measuring impacts is evaluated. Operational guidance is presented for the use of available techniques, and research priorities are proposed. Because of the broad scope of the project, the findings are extensive regarding the organization of techniques to address major issues; the type, balance and reliability of available techniques; and the ways that available techniques can be used to significantly improve understandings and the overall decision-making process.
- Digital Copy:
- This work was sponsored by AASHTO in cooperation with the FHWA, and was conducted in the National Cooperative Highway Research Program which is administered by the TRB. Research preformed by Bigelow- Crain Associates.
500 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 328 p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Environmental impacts; Impact studies; Regional planning; Regional transportation; States; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Old TRIS Terms: State planning
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Policy; Society;
- Accession Number: 00142980
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCHRP 8-15 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM