MOTORIST AID SYSTEMS STUDY. FINAL POLICY REPORT
This report presents the results of a review and evaluation of past and current FHWA policy and its impact on the development of motorist aid systems. The national scope and magnitude of disabled motorist need is examined, as well as the alternatives available to meet those needs. Current status of operational or planned motorist aid callbox systems are inventoried and summarized. Emphasis is placed on analyses of the experience gained and lessons learned from operational systems. The results of these analyses form the framework for assessing alternatives and future directions.
JHK & Associates,
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-3-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 196 p.
- TRT Terms: Call boxes (Driver aid devices); Evaluation; Motorist aid systems; Policy; Traffic incidents
- Uncontrolled Terms: Disabled vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Call boxes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00142969
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8745
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 22 1976 12:00AM