SAFETY AND LOCATIONAL CRITERIA FOR BICYCLE FACILITIES. FINAL REPORT
The purpose of the Safety and Locational Criteria for Bicycle Facilities research project is to improve the quality and consistency of bicycle facility planning and design. This report is a compendium of all research activities undertaken during the program. User oriented versions of research findings are presented in two companion manuals. Volume I deals with design, focusing on the process and details of laying out the physical features of bikeway facilities. Volume II deals with locations criteria for bicycle facilities and the process of systematic planning for bicycle facilities in a community. These user volumes expand upon an earlier interim product of the program, the FHWA report "Bikeways--State-of-the-Art--1974". However, most of the information in that report remains relevant.
De Leuw, Cather and Company120 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94120
University of California, DavisPavement Research Center, One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA United States 95616
Bicycle Research AssociatesDavis, CA United States
- Smith Jr, D T
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 251 p.
- TRT Terms: Bikeways; Design; Location; Physical properties; Planning; Safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00142968
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-75-112 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8134
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 22 1976 12:00AM