HARBOR OIL SPILL REMOVAL/RECOVERY SYSTEMS: PHASE II- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Objectives of Phase II were to develop standard performance test procedures applicable to the EPA Oil and Hazardous Materials Simulated Environmental Test Tank (OHMSETT) facility. Standard test procedures for booms and skimmers were developed and validated. A support system for deploying and retrieving oil containment booms was identifiied, and a boom with a frontal screen to improve the oil containment was fabricated and tested. Boom and skimmer tests at the OHMSETT are described and results are summarized. Conclusions and recommendations are presented.
Naval Civil Engineering LaboratoryNaval Construction Battalion Center
Port Hueneme, CA USA 93041
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Containing equipment; Harbors; Oil booms; Oil spill cleanup; Pollution; Port operations; Water pollution
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor pollution; Oil skimmers; Oil spill containment; Port pollution
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00142921
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Pollution Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: Y41-21-001-01-001
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM