GROUTING IN SOILS VOLUME 2: DESIGN AND OPERATIONS MANUAL
This manual provides guidelines for the design and conduct of soil grouting operations, from the selection of the grout and the design of the injection pattern to construction control methods and evaluation of the completed treatment. This report empasizes grouting applications associated with excavation and tunneling in an urban environment. It describes the three general grouting techniques - permeation, void filling, and compaction - and covers in detail, six applications: (1) groundwater control, (2) sand stabilization, (3) soil strengthening, (4) backpacking tunnel liners, (5) leak repairs, and (6) tieback anchorages. A companion report, Volume 1 (FHWA-RD-76-26) is entitled "A State-of-the-Art Report."
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by DOT and FHWA.
Halliburton ServicesP.O. Drawer 1431
Duncan, OK United States 73533
- Herndon, J
- Lenahan, T
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 303 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction management; Groundwater; Grouting; Guidelines; Leakage; Manuals; Methodology; Soil stabilization; Soils; Tunnel lining
- Uncontrolled Terms: Injection
- Old TRIS Terms: Construction control; Groundwater control
- Subject Areas: Construction; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00142874
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76- 27, FCP 35B1022
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM