THE COST OF ACCIDENTS WITHIN THE PORT TRANSPORT INDUSTRY
An analysis and comparison of the direct and indirect costs of personal accidents and accidents involving plant and cargo at sample conventional general cargo, roll-on and container berths over one year. Knowledge of the costs of accidents, and the techniques for assessing them, are not well developed. This report is the result of an attempt to investigate these issues within the port industry.
National Ports CouncilCommonwealth House, 1-19 New Oxford Street
London WC1A 1DZ, England
- Bearham, J
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Loss and damage; Marine safety; Ports; Prevention; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo damage prevention; Loss prevention
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00142822
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Ports Council
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM