BLADE SECTIONS AND OPTIMUM PITCH DISTRIBUTION OF SUPERCAVITATING PROPELLERS
A simple linear method of constructing supercavitation cascade sections of infinite cavities is developed that is similar to the theory previously developed for finite cavities but is much simpler both in theory and computation. In addition, the corresponding drag-to-lift ratio on a section is represented as a function of the lift coefficient so that the drag-to-lift ratio of a section can be readily utilized for optimum pitch distribution of the supercavitating propeller to be designed. A brief method of applying the present theory to the preliminary design of supercavitating propellers is explained. (Author)
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD USA 20084
- Yim, B
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Lift drag ratio; Propellers; Supercavitating propellers
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller theory
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00142818
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DTNSRDC-4642 R&D Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM