SHIP DESIGN METHODOLOGY FOR MAINTENANCE ACCESSIBILITY
This report documents a systematic ship design methodology for "designing-in" maintenance accessibility into the ship's design. Recent ship design projects, which have emphasized maintenance accessibility to varying degrees in the ship's design at the Naval Ship Engineering Center (NAVSEC), were analyzed and based on the analysis and a ship design methodology for maintenance accessibility was developed and documented. It is intended that this report be used as guidance and as a baseline from which lessons-learned can be continually fedback to improve the maintenance accessibility implementation on future ship acquisition programs. Guidance is provided on the maintenance accessability responsibilities, schedule, and required tasks and funds for all phases of Ship System Design, i. e., Conceptual Design, Preliminary Design and Contract Design.
- A study project report.
Defense Systems Management CollegeFort Belvoir, VA USA
- Light, S P
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Schedules; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00142817
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM