A LABORATORY STUDY OF WIND-WAVE-CURRENT INTERACTION. PART II
This report studies the effect of wind and a spatially varying subsurface current field on both the wind-induced drift layer and the surface-wave spectrum. Steady state wind-wave-current interactions were established over a region of uniform current gradients which simulated an internal-wave-fixed measuring system. Wave-height spectra were recorded while wave-slope spectra were simultaneously made.
- See also report dated Jan 75, AD-A024002.
Hydronautics, Incorporated7210 Pindel School Road
Laurel, MD USA 20810
- Scotti, R S
- Elliott, G W
- Rice, M S
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic spectrum; Measurement; Wave height; Wave measurement; Wind waves
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00142809
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-7619-1 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0593, ARPA Order-1910
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM