SURFACE CHARACTERISTICS OF PAVEMENTS
The following papers were presented at this session: Skid- resistance and noise generation of surfacings, Visser, AT and Walker, RN; An investigation into the cause of vibrations experienced in vehicles travelling on the Ben Schoeman highway, Grant, MC and Curtayne, PC; The skid resistant properties of rocks used for road surfacing in the Durban area, Stucke, PWS; The effect of road surfaces on street lighting design, Dempster, MJF and Yates, RS. /TRRL/ covering abstract of conference see IRRD no 221440.
- Proceedings of the Second Conference on Asphalt Pavements for Southern Africa, July 29-August 2, 1974, Durban, Session 4.
Natal UniversityDepartment of Civil Engineering
Durban, South Africa
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Asphalt pavements; Conferences; Design; Highways; Rocks; Skid resistance; Smoothness; Street lighting; Surfacing; Texture; Vibration
- Geographic Terms: South Africa
- ITRD Terms: 8525: Conference; 9011: Design (overall design); 3071: Evenness; 2755: Highway; 545: Lighting (street); 4154: Rock; 3031: Skidding resistance; 8103: South africa; 3053: Surface texture; 2972: Surfacing; 5558: Vibration
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00142780
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Analytic, ANALYTIC
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM