DESIGN AND PRACTICE OF SURFACE TREATMENTS
The following papers were presented at this session: The production of PVC/tar and its use in surface treatments, Alexander, CD, Allen, JB, Van Der Merwe, CP and Halstead, DM; Prime and seal work in South Australia, Potter, JL; The performance of PVC-midified tar in surface treatments in Southern Africa, Jamieson, IL; New Zealand practice for surface treatments and friction courses, Major, NG and Tuohey, GJ; The design of surface treatments in the Transvall, Greyling, JB. /TRRL/ conference see IRRD no 221440.
- Proceedings of the Second Conference on Asphalt Pavements for Southern Africa, July 29-August 2, 1974, Durban, Session 2.
Natal UniversityDepartment of Civil Engineering
Durban, South Africa
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Asphalt pavements; Conferences; Design; Friction; Joint sealing; Polyvinyl chloride; Sealing compounds; Surface active agents; Surface treating; Surfaces; Tar
- Geographic Terms: Australia; New Zealand; South Africa
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 8525: Conference; 9011: Design (overall design); 5452: Friction; 3608: Joint sealing; 8079: New Zealand; 7420: Polyvinylchloride; 8103: South Africa; 6438: Surface; 4501: Surface active agent; 4984: Tar
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces; I35: Miscellaneous Materials;
- Accession Number: 00142778
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Analytic
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM