TRAIN AUTO FERRY OPERATIONS.--A SUMMARY OF PRESENT AND PROPOSED CONCEPTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A DEMONSTRATION PROJECT
The idea of moving passengers and their automobiles by train from a point of origin to a common destination is examined. This report discusses past and present attempts to put this idea into practice; analyzes potential costs and prices for such service if operated in this country; and makes recommendations for a proposed demonstration project of such service.
- Availability: Original document in color until exhausted.
Whitten (Herbert O) and AssociatesAnnandale, VA United States
- WHITTEN, H O
- Publication Date: 1966-4
- Pagination: 158 p.
- TRT Terms: Auto on train; Intermodal transportation; Passenger service
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039087
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1973 12:00AM