MARINE GAS TURBINES
Offering both a practical and theoretical perspective, the author presents the latest applications of the gas turbine engine to marine propulsion with critical discussions of the strengths and weaknesses of the engine system expected to dominate shipping's and boating's future. The book focuses on the problems a marine designer must overcome in preparing a successful allover design, and discusses control, fuel, air, supply, exhaust, arrangement and mounting, auxiliary systems, and maintenance relative to marine environment. A special chapter looks at the special impact of the gas turbine engine on offshore petroleum drilling.
John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated111 River Street
Hoboken, NJ USA 07030-6000
- Woodward, J B
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 390 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Equipment maintenance; Exhaust system components; Gas turbine fuels; Gas turbines
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00142652
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Wiley Intescience
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM