PROBLEMS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE RAPID MOVEMENT OF TRAINS
PROBLEMY RAZVITIIA SKOROSTNOGO DVIZHENIIA POEZDOV
This volume includes articles by scientific workers of Ts.N.I.I., M.P.S., L.I.I.Zh.Ta and specialists of the October Railroad, Lengiprotrans and Giprotranssignalsviaz and the Kalinin Car Construction Plant summarizing the joint scientific research work on organization for high-speed train traffic, the introduction of automation procedures and new technology. The experiences of the Public Scientific-Research Institute of the October Railroad are described. The following topics are included: Problems of High-Speed Development and Constructive Cooperation with Railroad Scientists; Moscow/Leningrad Lines--Experimental Base of Scientific Research; Organization of Scientific Research Work in Cooperation with the October Railroad; Assurance of Safety of High-Speed Trains; Preparation/Training for High-Speed Running of the Moscow/Leningrad Line; Development Plans of Lengiprotrans for Recontruction of the Moscow/Leningrad Line; Dynamic Characteristics of High-Speed Electric Trains and Cars and Track Requirements; High-Speed Electric Passenger Cars; Development of Parameters of Electric Cars for High Speed; Steps to Increase Technical Level of the Railroad Industry; Technical Planning and Results of Dynamic Testing of High-Speed Cars; Track for High-Speed Trains; Reconstruction of Stations of the Moscow/Leningrad Line; Determination of the Work and Cost of Rebuilding a Railroad Line for Preliminary Selection of Optimum Operating Speeds; Determination of Basic Work for Current Line Maintenance; Scientific Research of the Railroad Subdivisions of the Railroad Industry; Application ABM for Estimating Switching Reliability of Heavy Locomotives; Automation of High-Speed Train Control; System of Automatic Multi-Digit Locomotive Signaling Aspects for High-Speed Railways; Improvement of Electric Power Supply; Automation and Mechanization of the Switching Processes at the Leningrad-Sortirovoch-Moscow Station; Economic Problems of High-Speed Trains; Experimental Studies of the Public Science Research Institute of the October Railroad.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976. LENGIPPROTRANS: Leningrad Transport Construction Designing. GIPROTRANSSIGNALSVIAZ: Transportation, Signalization, Communications Designing.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 268 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train control; Dynamic tests; Electric automobiles; Electric power supply; Electric vehicles; Estimating; High speed rail; Intercity travel; Lines of track; Maintenance of way; Multiple unit trains; Passenger terminals; Relocation (Facilities); Safety; Signaling; Structural design; Train track dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Line relocation; Passenger station design
- Subject Areas: Energy; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00142607
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 2002 12:00AM