CURRENT COLLECTION AT REGULAR AND HIGH SPEEDS AS WELL AS AT THE PASSAGE OF A LARGE NUMBER OF TRAINS
Soviet Railways evaluate the effectiveness of current collection by the sparking, heating of the pantograph shoe inserts and, primarily, the wear of the contact wire and shoe inserts. Analysis of the causes of wear for any type of traffic is followed by special problems resulting from high speeds, DC and AC systems, insert materials, high current demand, heavy traffic and passage of mutliple pantographs. Metallurgy of the contact wire is also discussed, along with catenary details for lines with frequent, heavy trains.
- Translated in draft form.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Contact wire; Heating; Pantographs; Railroad electrification; Service life; Wear
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00142606
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM