RAILROAD RAILS: METHODS OF ULTRASONIC FLAW DETECTION, GOST 18576-73
REL'SY ZHELEZNODOROZHNYE - METODY UL'TRAZVUKOVOI DEFEKTOSKOPII GOST 18576-73
This state standard involves ultrasonic methods for examination of R43, R50, R65 and R75 rails for detection of defects in the head, web and base for pin hoes, flakes, blisters, segregations, cracks and welding flaws. The equipment includes pulse ultrasonic detectors with probes operating at an oscillation frequency of 1.5 to 4.0 megahertz and standard gages for measuring and checking main control characteristics to be used for the inspection. Standards for measuring and checking the main control characteristics are also detailed. Test procedures are described for complete rail inspection.
- This document is a state standard. Full translation is available for reference. Contact Technology Planning Officer, office of Research and Development, Federal Railroad Administration, U.S. DOT.
USSR Council of MinistersState Committee for Standards
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Detection and identification; Inspection; Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Specifications; Standardization; Steel plants; Ultrasonic tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rail flaw detection
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail steel metallurgy
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00142604
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1976 12:00AM