HIGH-SPEED PASSENGER TRAFFIC
This textbook contains the following chapters: (1) Basic Prerequisites for High-Speed Operation of Passenger Trains; (2) Development of Passenger Traffic in the USSR; Plan and Design of High-Speed Railroad Lines; (3) Planning and Design of High-Speed Railroad Lines; (4) Design Features and Track Maintenance of High-Speed Traffic; (5) Rolling Stock for High-Speed Passenger Trains; (6) Braking Technology for Rolling Stock; (7) Aerodynamic Testing of Rolling Stock; (8) Power Supply for High-Speed Electrified Lines; (9) Automation of Traffic Control on High-Speed Lines; (10) Construction and Operating Problems of Special High-Speed Lines.
- Table of Contents only translated in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Automatic train control; Brakes; Electric power supply; High speed rail; High speed track; Intercity travel; Maintenance of way; Multiple unit cars; Passenger comfort; Railroad electrification; Railroad tracks; Signaling; Stability (Mechanics); Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Wind tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track stability
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerodynamic tests; Braking systems; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Energy; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00142600
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Textbook
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1976 12:00AM