CLIMATIC EFFECTS ON AIRPORT PAVEMENT SYSTEMS; STATE OF THE ART
This state-of-the-art report reviews the climatic parameters important to airport pavement design, the methodology by which climatic parameters are used to predict pavement design parameters, and the methodology by which climatic parameters are incorporated into design procedures. Methods for predicting temperature and moisture conditions in the pavement system are discussed. Also the pavement distresses which result from temperature and moisture effects are reviewed. The report includes a comprehensive discussion of the methodology for assessing the influence of climatic parameters on the properties of the airport pavement materials. Probabilistic procedures for evaluating the influence of climate on pavement systems are described. In conclusion, a brief summary of methodologies which could be used to include climatic parameters in airport pavement design is presented.
- Prepared for the Office of Chief of Engineers, U.S. Army, and the Federal Aviation Administration; also published as Report No. FAA-RD-75-196, under Inter-Agency Agreement No. FA73WAI-377.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS USA 39180-6199
- Dempsey, B J
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 285 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Climate; Defects; Forecasting; Methodology; Moisture content; Pavement design; Pavement distress; Pavements; State of the art; State of the art studies; Temperature
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00142574
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Contract Rpt. S76-12Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DACW39-75-M-1651
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM