SAFETY AND LOCATIONAL CRITERIA FOR BICYCLE FACILITIES USERS MANUAL. VOLUME 2: DESIGN AND SAFETY CRITERIA
This manual is designed to assist a designer of bicycle facilities in providing a safe and effective environment for bicyclists, pedestrains and motor vehicle operators. The document discusses the bikeway design process and reltes it to locational decisions. Route and right-of-way specifications are detailed. Various intersection treatments are presented. Signing and markings applicable to bikeways are also covered. Throughout the report, the emphasis is on the presentation of available information so as to allow the bikeway designer to choose the best alternative for his situation.
- Sponsored by Federal Highway Administration, Department of Transportation, Offices of Research and Development.
De Leuw, Cather and Company120 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA USA 94120
- Smith Jr, D T
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Bikeways; Design; Manuals; Safety; Signs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Right of way
- Old TRIS Terms: Marking
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00142507
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-75-114 Final Rpt., FCP 31E-022
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8132
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM