SAFETY AND LOCATION CRITERIA FOR BICYCLE FACILITIES USERS MANUAL. VOLUME 2: BICYCLE FACILITY LOCATION CRITERIA
This manual is designed to enable users to make judgements on the need for and the location and form of bicycle facilities. The document offers an overview of the planning process and relevant locational criteria. In addition, a methodology for estimating potential bicycle activity is presented. An appendix which discusses the use of surveys in locational planning has also been included. Finally, a design solution for the provision of bikeway grades based upon a consideration of physiological work capability is described.
- Sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration, Offices of Research and Development.
De Leuw, Cather and Company120 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA USA 94120
- Smith Jr, D T
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Bikeways; Design; Location; Manuals; Physiological aspects; Planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00142506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-75-113 Final Rpt., FCP 31E3-022
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8132
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM