DRILLSHIP OPERATIONS OFFSHORE NORTH-WEST EUROPE
This paper describes and evaluates the role of the self- propelled drillship in the exploration of the seas of Northwestern Europe. The economic efficiency of drillships has been demonstrated to show as good a record as any other rig type. A drillship specifically designed for the area could be operated with greater efficiency, and will prove to be the most efficient type of rig for the deeper water where dynamic positioning will be used for holding position.
Spearhead Publications LimitedAberdeen, ZZ Scotland
- Field, A J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Drilling ships; Dynamic positioning; Dynamic structural analysis; Economic analysis; Oil exploration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00142335
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap OE-75 206 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM