DEVELOPMENT OF SEMISUBMERSIBLES
This paper presents the history-past, present and future-of the semisubmersible (SSM). Specifically presented are SSM design improvements which have evolved between late 1962, when the first unit was put into service, and today, with 74 units in service and an additional 55 under construction. The use of SSMs as drilling rigs, marine construction, supply boats, production platforms, etc, are discussed.
- Offshore Eur 75 Conference, Preprint, Aberdeen, Scotland, Sept 16-19, 1975.
Spearhead Publications LimitedAberdeen, ZZ Scotland
- Hammett, D S
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Offshore drilling platforms; Semisubmersibles
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00142328
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap OE-75 204 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM