SHIP OPERATIONS IN RESTRICTED WATERWAYS
The principal objective is to develop and demonstrate a methodology and model that will serve as a management tool in the evaluation of alternative risk reduction techniques, as well as for guidance in the directing of relevant research efforts. This report of Phase I accomplishments presents an outline of the design of both the methodology and the detailed computer simulation model, which will include risk-estimating algorithms for the elemental maneuvering situations in restricted waterways. An important ingredient of this model is "decision-making under uncertainty."
Science Applications, Incorporated1651 Old Meadow Road, Suite 620
McLean, VA United States 22101
- MILLER, J W
- Schneider, J F
- Varcolik, F
- Publication Date: 1976-7-15
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Risk analysis; Ship pilotage; Ship simulators
- Old TRIS Terms: Restricted water operation; Shallow water maneuvering
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00142323
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAI-76-529-WA Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 5-38056
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM