PREDICTION OF EXTREME AMMUNITION CARGO FORCES AT SEA
Ammunition cargo forces were predicted using a frequency domain-earth coordinate system for a series of ships and load conditions. A more accurate method of prediction was developed using a time domain-ship coordinate system. This method utilized a single design vector taking into account gravity, roll angle and ship motions.
- The USCG Office of Research and Development's Technical representatives were LTJG J.R. Dwyer and ENS S.R. Judson.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD USA 20084
- Baitis, A E
- Bales, S L
- McCreight, W R
- Meyers, W G
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 279 p.
- TRT Terms: Hazardous materials; Stowage
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo stowage; Hazardous materials stowage
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00142320
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Coast Guard
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-D-73-76 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MIPR CG-53,330-B
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM