PRESENT KNOWLEDGE ON RAILWAY NOISE. SUMMARY REPORT
CONAISSANCES ACTUELLES SUR LE BRUIT DANS LE DOMAINE FERROVIAIRE. RAPPORT DE SYNTHESE
Assessment of the results (and what can be learned from them) obtained in the study of noise emitted and propagated outwards by railway vehicles: units used in acoustics, passenger coaches, tractive units, environment. A large part of the report is devoted to methods to reduce noise and the inconvenience it may cause in areas requiring protection.
French National RailwaysDirection du Materiel, Departement Essais, 20 rue de Rome
Paris 8e, France
- Reybardy, J
- Saclier, R
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Environmental impacts; Locomotives; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Passenger comfort; Sound level
- Uncontrolled Terms: Railroad noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Noise attenuation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00142278
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: Summ. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM