PROJECTS TO EXPAND FUEL SOURCES IN WESTERN STATES. SURVEY OF PLANNED OR PROPOSED COAL, OIL SHALE, TAR SAND, URANIUM, AND GEOTHERMAL SUPPLY EXPANSION PROJECTS, AND RELATED INFRASTRUCTURE, IN STATES WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER (AS OF MAY 1976)
This Bureau of Mines study is a listing of fuel-related projects that are presently under construction, planned, or proposed by various companies and organizations in the Western United States. The future facilities covered in this report fall into the following categories: coal mines and expansions to existing mines, electric powerplants and waste-to-fuel conversion plants, oil shale projects, tar sand projects, potential geothermal facilities, coal slurry pipelines, railroads related to fuels development, uranium mines and expansions to existing mines, uranium mills and enrichment facilities, oil refineries, and natural gas processing plants. The projects are listed by State. Data concerning the company, location, planned markets, process type, initial operating date, capacity, water requirements, employment, current status, and other relevant information are included. Each project has been plotted on an accompanying state map. Due to present uncertainties concerning the fuels industry, some of the listed projects may never be constructed. No attempt has been made to determine the degree of certainty or viability of each project.
- Bureau of Mines Information Circular 1976.
Bureau of MinesIntermountain Field Operation Center
Denver, CO United States
- Corsentino, J S
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 208 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Coal mining; Electric power generation; Energy resources; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Nuclear power; Public utilities; Slurry pipelines; Traffic forecasting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Utilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel sources
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00142269
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines
- Report/Paper Numbers: BuMines-IC-8719
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM