THE BARRIE--TORONTO TRIAL COMMUTER RAIL SERVICE
A trial commuter rail service was introduced between Barrie and Toronto in 1972. It purpose was to measure public reaction to this type of service compared with other means of public and private transportation. This report documents the design details and results of the trial rail commuter service.
Transport Canada330 Sparks Street, Tower C, 8th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0N5
- Wilson, T E
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Private transportation; Public opinion; Public transit; Railroad commuter service; Trials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design features
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00142070
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM