TRADE-OFF ANALYSIS: THEORY AND APPLICATIONS TO TRANSPORTATION POLICY PLANNING
A variation of conjoint measurement known as trade-off analysis originated in market research, where it was used to study the marketability of similar "products". The area of application of trade-off analysis has expanded, and it is now used to analyze broad policy questions, such as transportation programs. This paper documents one algorithm (as developed by NYSDOT) usable in conjoint measurement, presents some applications of trade-off analysis, and discusses the trade-off methodology compared to other approaches to the analysis of policies with several attributes.
Albany, NY USA 12232
- Donnelly, E P
- Howe, S M
- DesChamps, J A
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Alternatives analysis; Market research; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00142042
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Prelim, Rpt. 103 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM