THE EFFECT OF POLICE ENFORCEMENT ON ROAD ACCIDENTS AND DRIVER BEHAVIOR
In a before and after period, one year each, accident data are collected from an experimental road for 75 km and a control road of equal length. At the same time vehicle flows and vehicle speeds are measured on both roads. In the before period the enforcement on both roads is about 1 patrol per 75 km, and in the after period this enforcement is increased to 1 patrol per 15-20 km on the experimental road. /HRIS/
- English summary of 56 page Danish report, Et forsog med skacrept politiovervagning pa hovedvej A1.
Danish Council of Road Safety Research1 Anker Engelundsvej, Building 117
DK-2808 Lyngby, Denmark
- Lund, H V
- Jorgensen, N O
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Before and after studies; Behavior; Data collection; Drivers; Police patrol; Traffic crashes; Traffic law enforcement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00142031
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Report/Paper Numbers: 16 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM