ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC INFORMATION AND EDUCATION COUNTERMEASURE EFFECT ON POPULATION KNOWLEDGE AND OPINION. SEVENTH ANALYTIC STUDY--1976
The Hennepin County Alcohol Safety Action Project has sought to increase the public's awareness of the drinking-driving problem and to correct myths about the effects of alcohol on the human body through the media efforts of its Public Information and Education Countermeasure (PI&E). The effectiveness of the PI&E effort can be gauged by the annual household or semi-annual telephone surveys conducted by the project and would be reflected in progressive shifts in public response to knowledge and opinion questions. This report presented the findings of a comparison of Hennepin County population responses to telephone surveys conducted in May and October of 1975 and a comparison of responses to the October telephone survey and the final household survey conducted in September, 1974.
- This project was sponsored by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, D.C. and Minnesota Department of Public Safety, St. Paul.
Hennepin County Alcohol Safety Action Project625 2nd Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN USA 55402
University of Minnesota, MinneapolisSchool of Public Health, 420 Delaware
Minneapolis, MN USA 55455
- Rosen, S D
- Mattson, L T
- Romslo, F
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Countermeasures; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Households; Public opinion; Publicity; Surveys
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00142002
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-048-1-064
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 2003 12:00AM