DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION OF TRAFFIC MARKERS, 1971-1974
Evaluation and development of traffic delineators by the State of California, is a continuing project. Six reflective and three combination reflective and nonreflective pavement markers were evaluated and are described in this report. None of the new raised reflective pavement markers submitted to the Laboratory for testing and evaluation have shown better performance than the current State adopted ceramic and retroflective cube corner markers. One combination day/night ceramic marker which was tested is being recommended as an alternative to the presently specified system in median areas or on low volume roads. /Author/
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/41I2024
- Sponsored by and conducted in cooperation with DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
5900 Folsom Boulevard
Sacramento, CA United States 95819
- Beede, B K
- Shelley, T L
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Ceramic materials; Highway delineators; Intersections; Pavements; Reflectorized materials; Retroreflectors; Road markings
- Old TRIS Terms: Delineators (Traffic); Multileg intersections; Traffic marking
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00141832
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- ISBN: 41I2-024
- Report/Paper Numbers: CADOTTL65152-3-75-20Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: D-5-14
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM