CONNECTICUT - PROPOSAL FOR ALTERNATE PROCESSING OF MOTOR VEHICLE VIOLATIONS AND MINOR MISDEMEANORS
The background and operation of this proposed program are described and similar programs for processing motor violations in other states are noted. Specific proposal recommendations on the handling of serious as well as other motor vehicle violations, the provisions for a jury trail, the effect of payment of fines, the treatment of non-residents, and the handling of some non-motor vehicle crimes under the program are also discussed. The petty drimes considered for program inclusion are as follows: maintaining of barking dog, allowing dog to roam, discharging fireworks, uninsured motor vehicle, refusal to reliquish party line, using slugs, and gaming. In addition, brief reports on the effect of the legislative proposal on various state operations and local police departments are presented.
- Prepared by the Connecticut Advisory Committee on Alternative Processing of Motor Vehicle Offenses and Minor Misdemeanor.
Connecticut Governor's Planning Commission on Crime75 Elm Street
Hartford, CT United States 06115
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Crimes; Fines (Penalties); Law enforcement; Laws; Motor vehicles; Traffic violators; Trials
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor vehicle laws & regulations
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00141764
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Criminal Justice Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM