LOS ANGLES AREA FREEWAY SURVEILLANCE AND CONTROL PROJECT - ANNUAL REPORT, 4TH, 1974
The experimental programs include: traffic responsive ramp control with electronic surveillance; early detection and rapid removal of unusual incidents; service for stranded motorists; and, an effective warning and information system for the motorist. Future plans include ramp metering and expanded incident detection experiments.
California Department of Transportation1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA United States 95814
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Electronic control; Motorist aid systems; Ramp metering; Ramps (Interchanges); Traffic control; Traffic surveillance
- Old TRIS Terms: Freeway ramps; Stranded motorists
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00141753
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Criminal Justice Service
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM