SELECTIVE TRAFFIC LAW ENFORCEMENT MANUAL
The methods for collecting and analyzing traffic accident data in order to determine patterns of time and place is presented. The training and technical implementation necessary for selective enforcement is treated. Sample demonstration programs for enforcing laws regarding driving while intoxicated and a violation survey procedure are included. Safety program standards are offerred for the following areas: Motor vehicle inspection and registration, motorcycle safety, driver education and licensing, codes and laws, traffic courts, alcohol and highway safety, identification and surveillance of accident locations, traffic records, emergency medical services, highway design, traffic control devices, pedestrian safety, police traffic services, and debris hazard control and cleanup. Sample forms for data collection are included in the appendix.
- Sponsored by the Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
International Association of Chiefs of Police11 Firstfield Road
Gaithersburg, MD USA 20760
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 197 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash analysis; Data collection; Drunk driving; Manuals; Traffic crashes; Traffic law enforcement
- Old TRIS Terms: Selectivity
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00141742
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Criminal Justice Service
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-036-2-226
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM