ANALYSIS OF POLICE VEHICLE ACCIDENTS
The study concluded that some of the variables considered where hour, day, month and year of the accident, injuries, damage value, location, driving experience, sex, race and age of the driver). Present defensive driving training appears to be inadequate in reducing individual propensity for having vehicle accidents. Four DDC graduates each had three negligent accidents during the twenty-one months, while one other had five non-negligent accidents. Furthermore, police drivers having completed defensive driving training experienced both non-negligent and negligent vehicle accidents considerably out of proportion with their percent of the accident involved population.
Dekalb County Police DepartmentCamp Road
Decatur, GA United States 30031
- Hand, F D
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Defensive drivers; Driver training; High risk drivers; Negligence; Police vehicles; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00141730
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Criminal Justice Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM