POLICE TRAFFIC CONTROL
The combined manual and text describes the requirements and programs for effective traffic control in a small or medium sized community. It outlines the growth of modern highway systems and the effects on traffic in the smaller communities. The problem of dual use of personnel for patrol and traffic control is considered from many aspects to develop effective schemes of deployment. Personnel requirements, qualifications and training are considered in the light of the dual functions of the officers. Organization structures are sketched. Appended material includes a model traffic ordance and safety council by-laws. A bibliography is supplied and the manual is indexed for ready reference.
Thomas (Charles C) PublisherBannesstone House, 301-327 East Lawrence Avenue
Springfield, IL USA 62703
- Leonard, V A
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Communities; Manuals; Organization charts; Police patrol; Police traffic direction; Traffic control; Training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00141721
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Criminal Justice Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1977 12:00AM