INCREASING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
Based on interviews with SDHPT district personnel and the literature review, the preparation for and conduct of public hearings have been examined. Areas of possible improvement were identified, and suggestions regarding more effective methods which might be used are presented. Three slide presentations are included. One is for introducing the public hearing, the second pertains to the relocation assistance program, and the third set depicts common design elements from which selected slides may be used to explain design details during the hearing for a particular project. The findings of this research suggest that every public hearing is unique and must be carefully prepared for and conducted if the hearing is to be effective. Guidelines to achieve this end are presented.
- Record URL:
- Research was sponsored by the Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation.
Arlington, TX USA 76011
- Woods, D L
- Burke, D
- JOHNSON, J H
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Edition: Final Report
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway design; Highways; Location; Measures of effectiveness; Public hearings; Public policy; Relocation assistance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Highway location; Public interest
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Policy; Society;
- Accession Number: 00141693
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Res. Rpt. 185-IF, TTI-2-8-74-185-1F
- Contract Numbers: Study 2-8-74-185
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM