HANDBOOK II: A PLANT MATERIALS MANUAL FOR MASSACHUSETTS ROADSIDES
This manual is intended as a practical summary of information related to a number of plant species and techniques for their establishment on Massachusetts roadsides. It expands on a previously issued handbook (August 1972) and contains findings from a 15-year Roadside Development research program. It includes a section on the environment, a plant selection chart, a listing of plants adaptable to Massachusetts roadsides, a discussion of plant establishment techniques, and a section on dormancy in woody plants.
- Sponsored by Massachusetts Department of Public Works, Research and Materials Division in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
University of Massachusetts, AmherstCollege of Food and Natural Resources
Amherst, MA United States 01002
- Zak, J M
- Mosler, S H
- Jonsson, G B
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Handbooks; Manuals; Plants; Roadside improvement; Shrubs
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00141631
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 45-R5-2656 Supplement
- Contract Numbers: Mass. Agreement 2656
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM