MANAGEMENT RELATIONSHIP OF THE SHIPBUILDING PROGRAM MANAGER AND THE SUPERVISOR OF SHIPBUILDING
The formal management relationship of the Navy shipbuilding program manager are documented and illustrated. Current Navy documents are used as the source of information. Current developments such as the implementation of Ship Project Directives (SPD) to define the relationship of the Ship Acquisition Project Manager (SHAPM) to the Supervisor of Shipbuilding (SUPSHIP) were researched. An organizational chart depicting the "Shipbuilding Program Management" organization was developed to show the relationship of all participants and the complexity of the problem. Conclusions and recommendations are presented pertaining to current changes in this area.
- A study project report.
Defense Systems Management CollegeFort Belvoir, VA United States
- Dowell III, G W
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 95 p.
- TRT Terms: Management; Planning; Project management; Shipbuilding
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00141614
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM