TECHNOLOGICAL CHANGE IN SHIPPING AND ITS EFFECTS ON PORTS: ESTABLISHING TARIFFS FOR UNIT-LOAD AND MULTI-PURPOSE TERMINALS.
The report is divided into Two Chapters providing (1) quidelines for the establishment of an appropriate container tariff for a specialized roll-on/roll-off or lift-on/lift- off container terminal which also establishes the need for a differentiated tariff, coverage provided by the tariff, a practical proposal, the structure of a tariff applicable on a container terminal, the rate level and shift working. (2) guidelines for the establishment of an appropriate tariff for a multi-purpose terminal stating the basic problems, two major alternatives, and practical problems related to the calculating of the real cost for handling each of the different types of cargo on the multi-purpose terminal.
United NationsConference on Trade and Development, Palais des Nations, B-14 Avenue de al Paix
1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo terminals; Container terminals; Ports; Tariffs
- Old TRIS Terms: Break bulk terminals
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00141610
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: TD1B/C.4/129/Supp 4
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM