UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AUTO-ON-TRAIN PROJECT EQUIPMENT PREVIEW
The train will be designed to offer passenger train comfort, conveniences, and speed to the occupants of any of the common types of automobiles, including sedans, the various coupe models, and station wagons (except Volkswagen's 'Microbus'). Van and camper models in general cannot be accomodated on account of their height. In effect, the passenger brings his own seat aboard when he drives on and no other general seating is proposed. The situation is analogous to a drive-in theater.
Klauder (Louis T) and AssociatesPhiladelphia National Bank Building
Philadelphia, PA USA 19107
- Publication Date: 1966-8-2
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Auto on train; Intermodal transportation; Passenger service
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039013
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1973 12:00AM