TECHNOLOGY FOR HIGH-SPEED GROUND TRANSPORT
The report summarizes the research accomplished at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology during the period September 16, 1965 through September 15, 1966. The efforts were on networks and terminals, scheduling, vehicle flow control and switching problems, vehicle-suspension problems, propulsion problems, vehicle and tube aerodynamics, and guideway problems.
- Summary on research at MIT for 16 September 65-15 September 66.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Civil Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
- Seifert, W W
- Hansen, R J
- Publication Date: 1966-12-31
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Bibliographies; Control systems; Freight terminals; Guideways; High speed rail; Intelligent transportation systems; Intermodal terminals; Networks; Pneumatic conveyors; Scheduling; Suspensions; Tubing
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Tube systems; Tube vehicles
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00039007
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: C-85-65t
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1973 12:00AM