On the basis of 25 years experience in developing the port of Hamburg, the paper presents an analysis of the cargo-handling requirements of a modern shore terminal. Recommendations for the necessary equipment are given for two main categories of operations: 1. Loading and discharging equipment, i.e. cranes for general-cargo and heavy lifts, mobile cranes, container bridge cranes, Transtainers, elevators, shipboard gantry cranes, ship's gear in general, special ship's aprons and stern or bow-ramps for ro-ro ships. 2. Terminal transport equipment for horizontal transport movements and stacking, storage and piling, and freight station activities. Order from: BSRA as No. 46,768.
- Presented at Session on "Mixed/Conventional Handling" at Cargo Systems Conference, London, November 19-20, 1975.
Cargo Systems InternationalArun House, 201-205 High Street
New Malden KT3 4BH, Surrey, England
- Raabe, C
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 14 p.
- CARGO SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL
- Publisher: Deutsche Bahn AG
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Cranes; Gantry cranes; Heavy lift vessels; Intermodal terminals; Lifting equipment; Mobile cranes
- Old TRIS Terms: Heavy lifts; Shipboard cranes; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00170766
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM