THE PIONEER STAGE OF RAILROAD ELECTRIFICATION
History of the first quarter century of railway electrification from about 1880 to 1905 is traced. From the Baltimore tunnel project of the Baltimore & Ohio, opened in 1895, to the Long Island Rail Road's Brooklyn, N.Y., project, the evolution of power supply, distribution and motive power is described. Simultaneous developments in France, Germany and Britain are included.
- Part 7 of the Transactions held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge.
American Philosophical Society104 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA United States 19106
- Condit, C W
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- American Philosophical Society Transactions
- Volume: 67
- Publisher: American Philosophical Society
- TRT Terms: Electric locomotives; History; Railroad electrification
- Subject Areas: History; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00170573
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Philosophical Society
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM